Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday!

This is the most consistent that I've posted in quite a while, but it has been a busy day, so I thought that I would share.

We started out with orientation from Suzanne, a lady from the Oklahoma Baptist Convention. Like any good baptist, she took us to lunch, which happened to be at a very Oklahoma place, the RibCrib (funny name huh?). She was exciting to be around and really, really encouraging. She had good tidbits of advice. We did personality tests and I learned that I am a powerful choleric (i.e. lion). No big surprise there, huh? That means that I like to be in charge, make decisions, etc. It also means though that I struggle to be compassionate and often see things as very cut and dry. When revealing the results of my survey I apologized for lioness status--Suzanne corrected me. While some parts of the lion nature may be weaknesses of mine, the lion is who I am and who God made me to be. I must depend on God for compassion and other weaknesses, when He is strong them I am weak! and also embrace that "Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting!" (Ps 138:8)

The "Summer Girls"

This afternoon we learned more about ourselves as we answered a questionnaire. It was both heartbreaking and exciting to hear what the other girls had been through and God's triumph in their lives.

I was sleepy this afternoon so took an afternoon nap...there may not be time for those in the coming days.

Please pray that God will give me His heart for these woman, to show compassion with discernment. Pray also for the women, that they will find their voice and recognize that God created them for great things, regardless of what someone else has told them.

I brought a friend named Molly along with me on this trip, so you will see pictures of her on my blog...enjoy!


Molly feeling at home in "cowboy country"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! I love that you're blogging and I can follow you in OK! I also love that Molly is going with you everywhere you go and I can't wait to hear about her adventures!

JK and Alison said...

Praying for you today!

Jessica said...

I LOVE YOU!!
I MISS YOU!!
I HATE THAT I DIDN'T GET TO RETURN YOUR CALL... LIFE IS CRAZY, BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE YOU SOON! :)
PRAYING FOR YOU UNTIL THEN!