Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm HERE...

I arrived in Tulsa about 4:30 yesterday afternoon. It has been a pretty slow 24 hours thus far. There are, of course, lots of new things to see and learn which is fairly overwheling. However, people thoroughly believe in restful weekends around here, so they are allowing us to enjoy some time in our room, reading and RESTING!!

We started the Beth Moore study A Heart Like His which the three summer missionaries will do together. I have made it to chapter 6 of 10 that i have to have read by Tuesday. I haven't done any of the questions though....not a fan of questions.

This morning we went to church at Eastwood Baptist. We studied Philip during Sunday School, but I thoroughly enjoyed the worship service. Bro Gordon spoke on the indwelling Spirit. Why do I not depend on the Spirit of God within me? That Spirit which brings "fullness of joy and....pleasures forever" (Psalms 16:11).

Well, I'm off to read a little more. My roommate is reading and inspiring me to do the same.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: