Sunday, June 3, 2007

Opportunites Passed

Friday at Nagano's (a Japanese restraunt) I shared the table with a girl my age and her mom. We struck up a converstion that lasted throughout the evening meal. When the girl got up to leave, I realized that I had not shared my heart for God with her. Of course, there were plenty of opportunities. She asked me why I had come to Georgia. I talked to her about church. Instead of saying, "I came because I have a friend named Jesus, who provides me with unconditional love," I said, "I came to work with the youth at Rothwell...Have you seen that new Pirates of the Caribbean movie?"

This incident is similar to so many others that I have had both in Alabama and Savannah, GA. I allow the opportunities to pass because my heart is not focused (or maybe my heart and my brain are not connecting!) So, I ask you to pray for the strength to get past the small talk! This same prayer request applies to the girls in the youth: that God will help me to get past the surface with them and discover their hearts so that I can better minister to them.

Thank you so much for your prayers! Because of them I have settled comfortably in Rothwell and have had many chances to share. Just pray that I will take advantage of these opportunities.

This weekend has been alot of fun. As I said, we went to Nagano's on Friday night. Brittany, Emily and Kaitlyn are not here this weekend, so I have been hanging out with Harry and Dennise alot. Yesterday we went to a wedding at the church. I caught the bouquet!! I don't really believe that it means anything, but it was exciting none-the-less. After the wedding I got the chance to hang-out with Leslie, a girl in the youth group who is only a year younger than me. We went to see a movie and ate at Mellow Mushroom...fun, fun!

This week holds lots of excitement, including a trip to the Braves game. These activities are entended to keep the kids involved, but they are also alot of fun for us! Our prayer is that they will be more than just activities, though. That they will be events that allow us to build relationships and love the kids so that they can see and experience Christ's love.

No comments: