Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Savannah Summer

In a few weeks (two and a half), I will head for Savannah, where I will spend the summer as an intern at Rothwell Baptist Church. I can't wait! At the church, I will assist the youth director will various aspects of the ministry, but I will concentrate my efforts on discipling the girls who are there through girls' bible study, fellowship and service.

I am not sure of all the details at this time. I have spoken with Jody (the youth minister) a few times, but I am not quite sure what questions to ask. I think that it is going to be a "wait and see" adventure! I do know that Rothwell is 20 minutes from Savannah. The youth group is very involved at the Baptist center downtown, so we will be doing VBS there and hanging out with the kids there a couple times a week. Rothwell is also 20 minutes from the beach, yeah! I am not sure what ministry opportunities are available on the coast, but, hopefully, we will be able to find some.

I am so grateful that God is allowing me to serve Him right here in the United States under such "safe" conditions. I admire those who are stepping so far out of the their comfort zones, both physically and emotionally. I am not going that far physically, but I know that God is going to challenge me in other ways. This summer, I hope to develop an intimate relationship with the Savior, learning to discern His voice more than ever before. I also hope to get a clearer glimpse of His plan for my life. I think, however, that He is going to teach me more about faith and less about "seeing the future."

Pray that God will use me to reach others and use those that I encounter to help me grow and strengthen my faith so that I can better serve Him in the way that He desires.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

SybieSue! I love you! How are you?? When do you leave? I'm out on the 20. I want to subscribe to your blog but I can't find a place to enter my e-mail address. Is it enabled??