Friday, May 25, 2007

Good Morning!

I at my host family's home, waiting on 10 o'clock, when I am going to the office to work on the calendar for the summer. Most of the dates for camp and VBS are already set, but we (Jody and I) are going to attempt to set days for day trips and solidify some of the other plans that are kind of up in the air.

The past few days have been busy, but none of it has felt like "work." This is the kind of job that I want to be paid for someday, one where you don't even realize that you were just "working." Yesterday Jody had to go to traffic court in Savannah, so I got my first view of the city. It was absolutely gorgeous. The houses are all old, but well-kept. There are gardens everywhere, even though there isn't alot of grass. People have plants growing on their porches, up there house, and all around! AMAZING. We also saw some beautiful cathedrals, but weren't able to go in because they were having service (on a Thursday afternoon?)

Last night we went to a concert by Steve Fee. I was a little skeptical about how good it would be because I have never heard of him before, but it was really, really good. Steve allowed everyone to worship instead of attempting to entertain. I was struck last night by the verse "Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice." So often, worship is hard. Lifting your hands is not always comfortable and our feet get tired from standing. Our mind tends to wonder, and bringing it back to God over and over again can be mentally straining. Sometimes I just get so tired during worship, but I left the concert last night more energized than when I came. My worship seemed to change when I realized that it wasn't always going to be fun, but, if my heart was worshipping, it was always going to be pleasing to God!

I started reading Velvet Elvis today. What a great book. Rob Bell challenges us to question our faith. How can that strenghten our faith? Rob says that questioning causes us to admit that we don't have all the answers. We must seek out God, discover the mystery that He is. I recently read that women were created to reveal the mystery of God. Men are surface creatures, after digging a while you find all there is :-) but women are deep, no matter how long you know a woman, you will never know all that she is, but when you love a woman you are encouraged to continue searching. This is the same way with God, our love for Him calls us to dig deeper and deeper, to continue to question, even though we know that we will never completely figure it out. You should really check out the book, but beware it may cause you to question!

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for the youth at Rothwell and in the community. Pray for one of the youth guys who is currently un-churched and does not have a walking relationship with God. He was able to experience the worship service last night. Pray that a seed was planted that we at Rothwell can water. God gives the growth!

No comments: