Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's been a long time...

Since I posted on my blog--last summer actually. I had forgotten what a privilege it is to be able to not only write my thoughts but have someone read them!
I was reminded of these things while reading Jessica and Amanda's blogs through which they are chronicling their trip to Spain. They left today :-(
I can't believe they will be gone for a whole month. In the big scheme of things, that is not too long, but to a girl who is wishing for Qdoba dinners with her roommates, it is quite a while.
So much has occurred since last summer, I couldn't and wouldn't even try to catch everyone up on all the details, but I will try to provide a little catch-up. First, I am officially finished with my sophomore year. It has FLOWN by so fast, even faster than my freshman year. Move-in seems like the day before yesterday. I am now officially a junior and anticipating the summer semester in which I will begin my honors research project. God has orchestrated things in that crazy way He does, and during this past semester I have discovered that I actually enjoy research. I will begin to see just how much I like it (or not) at the beginning of June when I begin working alongside Dr. Tim Nagy in the Department of Nutrition Sciences.
Other than academics, many other things, more important things, have occurred this year as well. God has led me to a church home--the Church at Brookhills. I am beginning to feel connected to the people there and can't wait to serve alongside these amazing Christ-followers in Peru at the end of the month and throughout my college career. The church as a whole has an amazing desire to see the name of Christ spread to all nations; that passion is fueled by in depth study of the Word and weekly, even daily, accountability and fellowship.
These two semesters have brought me new friendships and strengthened those that had already been established. It was sad to see the semester come to a close. As I drove past RAST last night, I just wanted to pull into the parking lot, walk back up to room 330A and open the door to hear the sound of laughter and smell brownies in the oven. However, I know that if I did I would only see empty white walls, smell dust and must, and hear the sounds of construction out the window. Funny that the room really meant nothing, it was simply the four walls in which we created so many memories.
I moved into a new apartment last week and the girls who live here are amazing as well. I know that I will quickly develop the same love for them that I had for my previous roommates and in no time we will begin to laugh and share in much the same way. I must admit though, I do not like driving everywhere I go, but I will get used to it soon enough (unless gas goes up again).
I will try not to wait so long in between posts next time. Thank In the mean time, please pray for the upcoming trip to Lima, Peru--May 24-31.
P.S. I have added some pictures below from this past year--enjoy!

Jessie and Woody (Adam and I) at the BCM Halloween party.

All the roomies at my birthday party!

Spring Break missions in Baltimore, MD

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww... don't be sad. If the year has gone by so fast think how fast the summer will go by. I am glad that you found a lab that you like. I hope that you feel God's call better than you did during freshman year while we were all wondering what to do. Have a great summer!
Love ya!

Amanda said...

Aww....so now I just read this entry too and I miss our room too!! O 330, brownies, Sunday lunches...it is all so fun! A Qdoba lunch is a must when we return!