Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celebration


I know that it has been WAY to long since I have posted, but to attempt to catch you up on my life would take all night, and it is already almost midnight and an hour past my bed time.

This week is officially my favorite week of the year. You know what week it is?? Yes, it is my birthday week! I will be turning the big 2-0 on Saturday and leaving my teenage years behind (tear). This year has been simply amazing. I cannot complain (well I could but it would not do any good). I have been given so many great opportunities. I finally feel like I have a bit of direction as to my career goals and future plans and, in addition to all of that, I have gotten to spend the past year with an incredible guy--Adam Waters!

Not only is it my birthday week, but this is the also the week that Adam and I started dating (that was such a good week!). So, as of tomorrow, we will have been dating for one year--yeah! God has truly blessed me with Adam as he is such an encouragement and lifts my spirits on a daily basis. I am thankful for the year that we have gotten to spend getting to know one another and enjoy each others company.

As icing on the celebratory cake, I am going to San Antonio tomorrow and returning on Sunday. I will be attending a conference, so not all fun and games, but it will be good to get away from the hustle and bustle of classes for a few days. I am not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for this trip because it means that I will not get to celebrate my birthday with my family or my roommates :-( However, we shall celebrate upon my return and drag the birthday festivities out even longer--and that I do like.

I will try to be better at keeping you updated on the life and adventures of Sybil Sexton, but I promise that you are not missing too much!

1 comment: